Office of Naval Intelligence Police Force
The Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) Police Force, as part of the Naval Security Forces Suitland, is a highly trained civilian law enforcement agency within the Department of the Navy. The ONI Police Force is responsible for protecting and safeguarding the occupants, visitors, infrastructure and highly sensitive information on the National Maritime Intelligence Center (NMIC) complex. To accomplish this mission, officers carry out their law enforcement responsibilities through a series of key functions:
- Perform perimeter security and access control to the NMIC.
- Respond to emergency incidents and calls for service
- Investigate alarm activations
- Interact daily with military personnel, employees and visitors
- Patrol the NMIC consistent with force protection operations
- Conduct criminal and motor vehicle collision investigations
- Initiate traffic and parking enforcement
The ONI Police Force is committed to maintaining professional law enforcement services to meet the challenging demands of an evolving threat environment.